There are so many amazing things to do while staying with us and something in every direction from Savannah to St. Simons Island and Jekyll.
We are happy to arrange any activities listed below if needed. We're 5.2 miles or 10 minutes to Sapelo Ferry (Sapelo Island being one of Georgia's most distinctive barrier islands) where you can take a tour and learn about the history of the Gullah Geechee culture. We have historic Fort George, the oldest European fort in Georgia and Hofwyl-Broadfield Plantation, a restored 19th Century rice plantation. In addition, there are spectacular wildlife viewing areas including the Altamaha Wildlife Management area, Harris Neck National Wildlife Refuge and Okefenokee Swamp. If you don't want to venture out the birding and viewing of wildlife is great from our screened in porch.
Below is a list of activities which only scratch the surface. As always, we are available by phone, text or email to answer any questions. You will also find information books for your convenience in the house.
- Start with a self-guided walking tour of historic Darien and explore local antique shops. The shrimp boats on the Darien river returning with their catch of the day are always a beautiful sight.
- Visit Fort King George Historic Site, the Ashantilly Center, and Butler Island or Howfyl Plantation.
- Take the ferry to Sapelo Island and while there take a tour to see the Sapelo Island Lighthouse
- Take a quick trip to Jekyll Island to enjoy the tours of Millionaires Village.
- Take a quick trip to enjoy the shopping on St. Simons Island.